Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Conversation With God This Morning :D



'So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God....' Isaiah 41:10





Wow, God, really? Do not fear? Do not dismay? Um, did You see that stack of attachments I just printed off from the adoption agency?? Did You see that all my documents have to be less than a year old? I'm 38! My birth certificate is 38 years old too! And when all these documents reach Haiti they cannot be older than 6 months! That puts me on a time frame crunch!






I have to simutaneously do my dossier AND my home study...really? I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 jobs, 1 husband, 3 church group studies and 0 time on my hands. I am on my knees begging Your forgiveness when I am not spending my daily time with You like I should. How am I supposed to fit this in too?




'I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10


Oh.....yeah....



You squash my feeling of being overwhelmed with peace and joy. You are moving my feet, because I can't move them on my own. You give me glimpses of my 'Oscar' who is in Haiti and needs to come home. You uphold me with Your righteous right hand. You are the strength during my weakness.





Pressing on is the only option. You have instilled me with determination and love for my Haitian son. No amount of pressure will dissuade me for You are my help. You have called my family (and I know you are calling others as well) to adopt. You will open doors and provide ways. Help those of us blessed enough to venture out on this path called adoption, to keep our eyes pointed upward towards You and lean into Your righteous strong hand.





Thanks God, You are the best listener.


Your daughter,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment