Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We Are On The Same Path



I feel very blessed to have been able to participate in training through Canyons School District last month. (I am employed at Granite Elementary, working as a Paraeducator to a class full of wonderful special needs children.)

Because of completing the training that the district offers, I was rewarded with a raise. I had decided that because we do not depend on that extra money from the raise to live comfortably right now, I just wanted to give the money away each month. My idea: Sponsor a little girl from Rwanda and add to our tithe at church.

The amazing, God-thing about this story is as follows: I had not even spoken about this to Daniel. Not a word. Not a peep. I was waiting to receive the first check with the raise added in to bring up the suggestion to him.

Yesterday morning, Daniel said the following to me: "I think we should do 2 things with your raise. First, sponsor a child. Second, give more to the church."

Um, anyone else getting chills at seeing God work???? God has united Daniel and I on many fronts over the last few months. It is drawing us closer as a couple and solidified our resolve on bringing home our son from Haiti. We are of the same mindset and on the same path...the one God has laid before us.

Thank you friends and family for continued prayer and support during our experiences! I just had to share that one! (Thanks for pointing out that I should, Angie:)
Blessings to all!
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment