Saturday, November 19, 2011

Application Finalization...Say that 10 times fast!



Drum roll please!!








Our application has been finalized and our family has been welcomed into the American World Haiti Program! Yay! It's taken...hmmmm....awhile. But it's done! I was so excited, I got the call at the end of the school day yesterday and just blurted it all out for everyone standing around to hear! I'm officially an 'expecting' mother! Woohoo!




Sooooo....what's next, you ask???







More paperwork! Here is a list of the attachments that was emailed to me yesterday after our finalization call:




-American World Adoption Agreement





-Schedule of Fees-Haiti





-Haiti Pilot Program Disclaimer





-Haiti Presidental Waiver Disclaimer





-Client Grievance Procedures-Updated





-Clients Rights and Responsibilities





-Haiti Program Adoption Overview





-Haiti Program Family Service Plan





-Haiti Program Home Study Agency Agreement





-Haiti Program Post Adoption Agreement





-Privacy Notice







Now I know why they call adoption a 'Paper Pregnancy'!! I am excited to begin filling it out...of course, finding time to sit down and do it all will be the biggest challenge!




So now the 'paperwork' time consumption, financial crunch and real strain on my family begins. It may sound harsh, but it's true. I have heard enough stories to know that this is not an easy process. I'm not naive enough to think that this is going to be a walk in the park....BUT...




But I know that there is joy to be found in trials. There is joy to be found in doing what God wants us to do, even when it is not easy. I know that there is joy to be found in a small boy who God has already ordained to be a Lacey....I am ready to tackle the tough times as well as embrace the good! But mostly, there is joy in being called out to fulfill the Great Commission as we "GO" and bring home a child who will be raised in a home hearing about Jesus and what He did for us.




So a plea goes out for continued prayer to my friends and family. Pray that this next step in the process goes as smoothly as possible. That God opens doors for us, leads us and strengthens us. Prayer for Tayler as he still struggles with not wanting to 'share' his parents and brother and sister. He is working through it, but has trouble understanding sometimes.







Thank you, God Bless you all for all your ongoing support!





Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment