Saturday, October 26, 2013

An Overdue Update

It has been a long 5 months since I've posted on the blog and I realize that many may be wondering what's up in our adoption journey. I apologize as life is insanely busy (aren't all our lives?) and throw an adoption in the middle of it! It just adds to the insanity to say the least!

Well, we are finally in the homestretch! We exited IBESR the end of June, passed court and entered MOI (Ministry of Interiors) in July. We exited MOI approximately 2 weeks ago.

The boys passports have been applied for and we are now awaiting copies of them. Next, the final appointment at Embassy. We do not have a definite timeframe still, but we are praying God works wonders and they are home by Christmas.

As I reflect over the last 2 years (I spent some time rereading some of my early blogs) I see how very tired I have become over this adoption adventure. Never in my wildest dreams did I think anything could be as exhausting as waiting for our two little ones to come home.

It's as if I'm constantly on edge. Waiting, waiting for some small snippet of news to come through. It's...exhausting.

But now that we near the end, it's becoming more intense! I stalk Facebook for any updates my family coordinator may put on there. I check my email constantly. It's like I live in two realities! The one where life proceeds as scheduled and the one where I know it's going to change dramatically when we get word to come get our boys.

I know that God has so much more in store for our family and I also know that it is only His strength that will carry us through. Now and after M and S are home. He has been ever present, ever faithful, ever comforting and encouraging. There are days when I'm tired, the wait feels heavy and I cry a lot. He keeps my feet moving forward. There is no way that we could have come this far alone. He has carried us, and quite literally, showed up when we didn't know how things were going to work.

God is good. Always.

My faith has been tested in big ways through the last 2 years. I am glad to say He has held on to me and we are coming to the end of a trying, but rewarding journey. I wouldn't change all the difficulties for anything. He refines us in fire, not the comforts of life.

This is short and sweet, but thanks to all who have continually prayed for us over the last two years. Please continue to pray for the homecoming because...it's coming and it's close!

God Bless and love to all,

Terry

1 comment:

  1. Yea, and update! The good news that this journey is coming to an end is close...I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete